Newport Beach is a wonderful city with plenty to see and do. Naturally one of the city’s biggest attractions are its beautiful beaches, but there are also many other outdoor activities to do in and around Newport Beach.
- The Balboa Fun Zone is one of the most popular family destinations in Newport Beach and features a Ferris wheel as well as Discovery Cube’s Ocean Quest and arcade games.
- Balboa Pier and Newport Pier are great places to take a walk high above the ocean’s waves.
- Whether you want to do some whale watching or deep-sea fishing, there are plenty of cruise options to choose from.
- Newport Beach is home to many festivals including the Newport Beach Wine & Food Festival which takes place from 9/29 to 10/1 this year, and the annual Art in the Park event, happening on October 14, 2017.
- The Balboa Peninsula was named after Spanish explorer Vasco Nunez de Balboa and is a three-mile stretch of residential neighborhoods with several attractions. This area is home to great nightlife as well as many bars and restaurants.
- If you love wildlife be sure to check out the Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve. This coastal wetland consists of about 1,000 acres. The preserve is a great place for birdwatchers and approximately 35,000 birds stop off during their migration from Alaska to Patagonia each year.
- Nature lovers will also rejoice in visiting the Environmental Nature Center in Newport Beach. This center features 15 California native plant environments on 3.5 acres. It has walking trails, plant ecosystems, and wildlife habitats.
- For those who want to get some shopping in, Fashion Island is a popular destination. The open-air shopping center features views of the Pacific Ocean and more than 150 boutique shops and department stores.
These are just some of the many outdoor activities available in the Newport Beach area. If you’re interested in living in the lap of luxury, contact VUE Newport today.